HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-13 19:24:32

trikerjon
50cc Newbie

United Kingdom

Don't it really pis U off these 4X4 driver sit in the middle of the road with there ruddy fog lights, if they carn't drive the bloody things why do the hell they buy them, any body think there were driving a Tank.

Replies
    1 2 of 2 
   4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-13 20:18:38

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

up here in the lakes the well heeled all drive these feckin monstrosities (bet not one of em ever goes off road in em either) "they are just the thing for popping down to sainsbury's dahhhhling" feckin things total waste of space

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-13 22:29:09

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

1st of all the trooper aint mine its my mums lol 2nd I love it 3rd when I have some money I will be buying the bmw x5 4th if u had driven in the said trooper with me u would know I do not sit in the middle of the road I do not think I am driving a tank in fact I chuck it about and wring its neck at every given oppotunity 5th If it was mine I would love to go off road with it but because it isn't I don't wanna wreck it lol so there ner ner

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 09:23:28

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not a feckin X5, they are the second worst driven cars on the road (behind only the Hyundai Accent, you watch, next time you see one, they are all driven by muppets). The 4x4 thing is an attitudde thing, ask Chin, she used to have one and she said that she did get the whole superiority thing happening. 4x4s are a waste of space and, even if you take them off-raod, it still doesn't stop them being a liability on-road. One other thing that would stop me ever getting one was Top Gear's swerve test, 45mph, evasive swerve, Range Rover flips and rolls three times. Safer, my arse ! The Jag they were testing against it was still spinning but staying on 4 wheels at 80 mph. Cheers Grim

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 12:57:53

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

I agree, I know loads of people with 4x4's through having my own horses a while back. Loads of horsey people have them for pulling horse trailers.... good idea huh!?! NO........ cos you can get 4x4 2ltr+ cars that do the same thing!! It's a status thing pure and simple! There are loads of bad drivers on the road, they should all be educated about driving safely (not just about bikes) or have their licenses taken away. I keep to saying to people that accidents happen for one reason....... "human error"! This is the problem.... not the type of car you drive!

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 14:27:07

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

oi grim my mum has an X5 at the mo, she can be a bit of a muppet but not all the time lol Have u driven one, bloody lovely comfort and speed and handlimg was fabulous. Altho given a choice I would nick her jaguar XKR instead I look just tooooooooo fabuolous in it with the top down pmsl

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 15:57:26

notsokwiknick
1000cc Pro Racer 

British Virgin Islands

why is it when you meet someone driving a 4x4 down a narrow lane they allways expect you to go on the verge in your "normal" car or lorry to let them past ?

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 17:20:08

valium
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I agree with Roeby, you see most men wouldn't be able to drive a 4x4 as they would naturally think it's an extension of their penis's as usuall. Where women don't need to have that comfort zone feeling, and we can just drive. I don't have a HGV but I did take my advanced test so I know about driving. Sorry guys don't want to hurt your tender feelings but if you make stupid comments and class all women drivers the same then you have to take it back.

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 19:01:12

Pale_Rider
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

erm would this be a good time to mention that i drive a land rover td5. although i do not sit in the middle of the road and it handles better than most cars i have driven. and yes you can get 4x4 2 litre cars that will pull a horse trailer but if i want to do things leagelly i would need two 2 litre cars to tow my little ponies. and if any of you saw the colour of my motor you would realise i do go up the grass verge for oncoming traffic (somtimes i even slow down). but unfortunatly you are right and the majority are a bunch of shoppers....

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-14 20:33:31

valium
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Oh I do like guys, and i prefer other drugs. Ha Ha. Like I say there are good and bad drivers, male and female.

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-15 05:39:17

notsokwiknick
1000cc Pro Racer 

British Virgin Islands

valium just cos you took your advanced driving test it doesnt mean you know about driving, just look at all the muppets who passed an ordinary test n still cant drive properly

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-15 09:11:18

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

There's a bloke at my work who is an advanced driver, unfortunately, this makes him believe that he is immortal. He's written off at least two cars, to my knowledge, and drives like a complete tw@t. Advenced doesn't always mean better. Cheers Grim

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-15 12:40:15

valium
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I agree that direct access is not a good thing, I have been driving for 30 years and the only accident I've had was when a bloke in a stolen car cut in front of me, gave me a fractured spine. I also think that when you take your driving test it shouldn't automatically allow you to drive on the motorway, as that is a different type of driving and needs instruction. So guys don't start getting all huffy with me.

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-16 08:59:31

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I'll have you know that I've never been 'huffy' in my life - pmsl Agree with the motorway driving though, driving standards in general need to improve in this country. I reckon they should operate a yellow card, red card system. Even minor driving offences get a yellow card, no fine, just a yellow card, then, get caught again and it's a red card, off the road for a month or more. Then, if you drive when on a red card, BIG MASSIVE feck off fine and a longer ban. Also, the punishment for no insurance, tax, MOT etc SHOULD BE MORE THAN IT WOULD COST TO PAY FOR THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. What's the point of fining some chav tw@t 250 quid for no insurance etc when insurance costs about a grand for a crappy Fiesta ? If we didn't live in such a claim-happy country, insurance would be so much cheaper. Plus, if we didn't have so many uninsured drivers, the insurance companies wouldn't have to pay into the MIB fund. Remember that car on the railway lines recently ? Killed 7 and injured loads more ? He was uninsured, the MIB (No, not Men In Black, the Motorists Insurance Bureau) are going to have to pay out millions, which will bump up our premiums no end. Rant over Cheers Grim

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-16 15:25:43

notsokwiknick
1000cc Pro Racer 

British Virgin Islands

haha valium, that old story "never been in an accident" seen 100s in my mirrors though ;o)

4X4 - Posted on 2004-12-16 16:35:29

Mark
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

For someone to take advanced training it shows that they have the correct mindset, they know it is better to have more training and actually do something about it. After all, why would insurance companies give discounts to advanced riders/drivers? The accident/claim statistics are better. In other words, you are more likely to have an accident if you have not had advanced training, FACT. So when you are about to book your next track day how about save the cash and do yourself a real favour, book some advanced lessons and really learn how to ride. You never know, the training may even mean you spot the next tw*t that pulls out in front of you before he knocks you off.

1 2 of 2 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ